200g kingfish sashimi (or any other sashimi grade fish).
1 tablespoon coconut cream
1 lime Cut Into segments
2 tablespoons green chilli sauce…this is a mild sauce
3 Thai basil leaves, torn (optional)
• Firstly make the green chilli sauce (See below). Set aside.
• Drizzle the coconut cream over the plate. Lay the fish flat on the plate, spreading it out so each piece is only just touching.
• Then place the lime segments on top of each slice, then drizzle the green chilli sauce on top. Serve.
• You may have some sauce left over. You can either freeze in ice-cubes for another day or add some sesame and olive oil to it and use it as a salad dressing or marinade for fish, chicken or pork.
Green chilli sauce
4 green chillies
¼ bunch coriander root. Washed.
2 clove’s garlic. I use roasted, its mild and sweet as opposed to fresh..assertive and pungent…you decide on how you like it best.
½ to 1 tablespoon coconut sugar..to taste
½ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
• Blitz or pound chillies, garlic and coriander root to a fine paste.
Combine with remaining ingredients and a large pinch of salt, ensuring sugar dissolves.