Hello there friends, I hope you are having a fabulous day.
Happy tasty Tuesday Eat Safers… Today’s super yummy recipe, is Easy Peasy Buckwheat Pancakes. This is a must try!!!
Up until now, I never really saw myself as a blogger. To be honest, I’ve just been enjoying sharing my recipes with you more than anything. I get so much satisfaction out of sharing my recipes and knowing that it’s helping inspire people
to cook healthy, nutritious meals. BUT for me, the biggest enjoyment is being able to help cater for all kinds of dietary needs.
To be honest I used to find it depressing seeing beautiful recipes in magazines, newspapers and in cookbooks. They all looked so delicious, but were never gluten free or egg free. I either went without or would replace it with something that was not as nutritious or packed with preservatives. So eventually I decided that if you can’t beat them, join them. Thats where Eat Safe Live Well came in to play.
Some people see cooking as a chore, but I’ve always loved playing around in the kitchen. I find it calming and relaxing. (I think it stresses my parents out, because of the mess I make). But hey, I think it shows I’m having fun. I am not sure if its because of my background in design or because I like to perfect things, but I love making things look visually pretty on the plate. I heard a saying once, that “we eat with our eyes”. I think this is so true.
I noticed today that this is my 80th blog post, I am pretty happy with that. For someone who didn’t think of themselves as a blogger and still doesn’t, I think its a good effort. I’ve seen some real magic happen this year and that makes me more excited to see where my brand will go and what will be next.
So THANK YOU, for reading my posts and for your feedback and suggestions on my recipes and ideas.
Enjoy today’s Tasty Tuesday Eat Safe, Live Well
• 100g buckwheat flour
• 10 g (1 teaspoon) cornflour
• 200ml water
• 10 g (1 teaspoon) salt
• coconut oil for greasing (this optional, you can use oil of your choice).
• Place the buckwheat flour into a mixing bowl and add in the water.
• Whisk together, adding in the cornflour and salt.
• You want the consistency to be like crepe batter, but not too runny.
• You can add more flour or water to fix the consistency if necessary.
• Cook the pancakes like crepes. Do this by cooking them in a small lightly oiled pain.
• Pour the batter into the pan into a circle shape. I find keeping the circle slightly smaller helps with the cooking and makes them easier to flip.
• Cook for about 1 minute and then flip it over with a spatula, cook the second side for only a few more seconds.
• Recipe makes 4 – 5 pancakes, depending on the size you make them.
Thats it. Super simple and super tasty.
As you can see in the image above, I served mine with paprika and cumin chicken, some rocket, fresh tomatoes, avocado smash and natural yogurt.
• 2 x large avocados
• 1 x red chilli
• 1 x lemon
• 1/4 river salt
• Remove skins and place avocados into a bowl.
• Remove seeds from the chilli and dice.
• Add chilli, some juice from the lemon and salt to bowl.
• Mix with a fork, then serve.