8 rasher’s bacon
400g pork mince
400g beef or veal mince
3 tablespoons linseed
4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 zucchini, diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped. (optional)
1 tablespoon porcini powder
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
Pinch smoked paprika
2 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
200g pickled beetroot. – (Place beets in foil with coconut oil, cover over foil and roast for 1 hour until tender. Rest. Once cooled, slice and cover in apple cider vinegar. This will last for months in the fridge.)
4 tablespoons my wholefood roma tomato sauce
• Preheat oven to 180c and make the pickled beetroot (see above).
• Line the base and sides of the tin with a piece of paper, cutting into the corners to fit.
• Line the base and side of a loaf tin with the bacon, leaving enough bacon hanging over the sides of the tin to cover the top of the loaf.
• Place the mince, linseed, parsley, carrots, zucchini, celery, garlic, spices, coconut oil and coconut cream, salt and pepper in a bowl (or a mixing bowl with a paddle attached) and mix until combined.
• Pack the meat mixture into the lined, loaf tin and fold over the bacon, tucking them in the sides. Bake in the oven for 45minutes. Remove from the oven and baste with the tomato sauce and cook for a further 15-20minutes or until cooked through (it should reach 70c).
• Allow to rest in the tin. Then turn out and slice to serve warm. Or if you are using it for a picnic, place in the fridge, still in the tin and leave overnight. Turn out the next day and wrap in baking paper and place in a clip seal bag…ready for your picnic! Enjoy
• This will last up to 2 weeks in your refrigerator.